Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Annual Update

Obviously anyone that follows me knows that I am a horrible blogger.  I just hate uploading pictures and I'm not good at telling our goings on.  But, I have a few things to share so here goes.


2011 was the year of a new shower.  It took many months of decision making, 
work and more work but I love it.  This picture doesn't show the complete finished project, sorry.



 It was also the year of Gavin's Eagle Scout Project.



We attempted to go to "Hole in the Rock" in Utah to see where some of our ancestors carved out a path through rock to get to Eastern Utah and Colorado to settle.  It rained us out but we had a lot of fun anyway and enjoyed the best pizza I have ever eaten in Escalante, Utah.



Maggie and I got to attend our first girls camp (mine as an adult) together this year.  It was a ward camp and we went to the beach (Point Mugu, California)  We had a great time.








Our family vacation this year was to The Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Jenny Lake and Jackson Hole, Wyoming.  We had a great time seeing all the beauty that God had created there.  We saw a mama moose every day that we went into the Grand Tetons and many deer, elk, bison etc. along the way.



In September we held Gavin's Eagle Court of Honor.  He is officially an Eagle Scout.  We are so proud of him.
In the fall Gavin started doing ballroom dance with some of the kids in our ward.  They performed a Waltz at our Ward Christmas Party.  They did such a good job, he was strutting around like a peacock with its feathers raised afterward.  A really good thing for my introvert son.  He will be going to BYU Ballroom Dance Camp this summer with these three friends.



On New Year's Eve, my sweet niece got married and asked me to make her wedding cake.  I had made her sisters a couple years ago so it wasn't as daunting this time.  With the help of my friend, who made the roses, we ended up with a beautiful and tasty cake.  
Well that is the year 2011 in review.  Hope you enjoyed.

1 comment:

garrynkim said...

I so did enjoy it and if you post a few pictures as the year goes on, it's not so daunting. I love the new stylish look of you blog too!